Vitreoretinal Surgery, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University
Ophthalmic Pathology, Department of Pathology, Houson Methodist Hospital
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science, University of Texas-Houston Medical School
Transitional Year, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Unversity of Texas – Houston Medical School, Houston, TX
Pamona College, Claremont, CA – Major: Music – Minor: Biology
Devers Eye Institute, Portland, OR
Casey Eye Institute, Portland, OR
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Retinal Specialists
Oregon Academy of Ophthalmology
Spanish proficiency, written and spoken
August 2011 – present
Oregon Medical Board Physician Full License
Distinguished Fellow Award
Casey Eye Institute, Portland, OR, November 2012
Resident/Fellow Leadership & Innovation Award
Department of pathology, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX March 2011
Houston Methodist Hospital Department of Pathology Project entitled “Multiplex PCR strategy for use in analysis of ophthalmic pathology specimens,” Febxuary 2011
Residency / Internship
- The Robert D. Moreton, M.D. Award for Outstanding Resident in Ophthalmology at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, April 2010
- Award for Excellence in Motivation, Leadership, and Teamwork, by Houston Methodist Hospital Transitional Year Program, April 2007
- Jennifer Bonus Sutton Award for dedication and devotion to the Texas Medical Center Orchestra, 2006-2007
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society The Delta Chapter of Texas, inducted Match 2006
- Outstanding Student in Ophthalmology and Visual Science, May 2006
- Glasgow-Rubin Citation for Academic Achievement American Medical Women’s Association, May 2006
- The W.W. and Anna May Campbell Scholarship – Awarded by the Alamo Heights School Foundation, 2002-2005
- Mortar Board National National College Senior Society, 2001
- William G. Blanchard Memorial Prize for outsanding music student, 2002
- William F. Russell Prize for accomplished sophmore music student, 2000
Al Zubidi N, Oku H, Verner-Cole E, Yamada K, Chevez-Barrios P, Tonari M, Kurimoto T, Tsuji M, Ikeda T, Lee A, Irmnunoglobulin G4-positive Sclerosing Idiopathic Orbital Inflammation: New Neuro-ophthalmological Presentations. Neuro-Ophthalmology. 2013 – Feb; 37(1);24-30.
Verner-Cole EA, Davis Si, Lauer AK Aflibercept for the treatment of neovascular age- related macular degeneration. Drugs Matey (Bam). 2012 May;48(5):317-29.
Hwang CI(, Aaberg TM jr, Chevez-nattios P, Verner-Cole E, Gombos DS, Paysse Chintagumpala M, Gao W, Grossniklaus HE. Residual intraretihal retinoblastoma after chemoreduction failure. Arch Ophthalomol 2012 Feb;130 0:246-8.
Verner-Cole EA. and Criden MR. “Idiopathic Orbital Inflammation,” Ophthalmic Hyperguide. Tutorial, Posted 2009. http://www.ophthalmic.hyperguides.com/default.asp Am J Ophthalmol. 2006 Feb; 141(4391-2,
Verner-Cole EA, Ord?. 5, Bell NP, Feldman RM. Subtetinal Suture Misdirection During 360 degrees Suture Trabeculotomy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006 Feb; 141(4391-2,
Kozat RA, Verner-Cole E, Schultz SG, Sato N, nick RJ, Desoignie R, Poindexter BJ, Moore FA. The Immune-Enhancing Enteral Agents Arginine and Glutamine Differentially Modulate Gut Barrier Function following Mesenteric Ischemia/Reperfusion. J Trauma. 2004 Dec; 57(6):1150-6.
Verner-Cole E, Tirgann,Wimmer D, Lewis A, Lee A, Ewton A, Chevez-Barrios P (2011, March). “Giant Cell Arteritis With Fatal Involvement of the Coronary Arteries.” United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
Verner-Cole E, Divatia. M, Grannis C, Chevez-Barrios P (2011, March). “Use Of Special Stains And Immunohistochernistry To Diagnose Giant Cell Atteritis.” USCAP Meeting, San Antonio, T.
Verner-Cole E, Divatia M, Gombos D, Chevez-Bartios P (2011, March). “Lacrimal Gland Choristorna Of The Ciliary Body Presenting As Secondary Glaucoma.” USCA.P Meeting, San Antonio, TX.